Frequently Asked Questions
Does JG Broun buy and sell potatoes?
- JG Broun does not invest or own the potatoes, we grade, store and cut potatoes for our customers. The certification process is overseen by an independent entity.
Does JG Broun do pre-cutting?
- JG Broun offers an additional service of pre-cutting to its customers and re-cool storing if required.
What time of the year does the Grading process commence?
- The Grading process commences in March/April and continues through to Mid May.
How do you keep track of the seed intake to avoid mixing one customers potatoes with another?
- The client tracking and labelling system ensures all potatoes are traceable which allows accurate storage processes and customer demand to be managed efficiently and in a timely manner.
What steps do you take to ensure the potatoes are protected from infection?
- Fungicides are added to the seed line during processing to minimise infection and optimise seed quality. Cleanliness is paramount, with all processing equipment being sterilised after each line/crop is processed JG Broun prides itself on maintaining a clean and sterile environment at all times.